This month CM Lowry is talking to Jacob Wood, creator of Accessible Games Quarterly, about Frankenstein by Mary Shelley in ‘This Book I Read…’
Topics covered include:
- The challenge of looking at a book so well known – and misrepresented – in popular culture.
- The Beast within; making monsters vs. being a monsters.
- Chat-GPT and the unleashing of monsters into the world
- A changing lens of disability – Jacob’s relationship with the book as he lost his sight.
- Steampunk as a modern concept; when your book is written in 1818, things that appear anachronistic are actually contemporary!
Links to things we discussed:
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Beyond Cataclysm – a “micro-publisher”
- Accessible Games
- LP Hartley’s The Go Between
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Free Wrench series by Joseph R. Lallo
Music & Editing by CM Lowry