Welcome to Episode 6 of ‘What Is Roleplay?!
This episode we are joined by Chris Bissette to discuss Character Creation
- What actually is Character Creation? Deciding who you are going to be in a game, right?
- How traditional RPGs such as Dungeons & Dragons handle character creation.
- Randomly generating versus picking skills
- Beginning with a background story – or finding out who your character is through play.
- Character Creation as a game in itself!
We end by creating character together live as an “actual play” demonstrating some of the cool things Chris had introduced.
Today’s adventure involves creating characters in Mausritter, a game for small mice and dangerous escapades…
Links to things we discussed:
- The Wretched
- Loot The Room
- Dungeon Crawl Classics
- Spire RPG
- TYRANNOSAUR INSIDE with stats from Chris Bissette