Coffee! Love it? Hate it? Vague sense of nonchalance about it? If so, we want you!
Beyond Cataclysm is undertaking an new project: We are going to make world’s first Coffee with its own ISBN number!
A lovely bag of specially chosen Cuban Serrano Coffee with an accompanying book. ISBN Coffee!
We are looking for written submissions:
– a story about the awful hogwash your nan used to give you when you asked for a coffee.
– an account of that time you visited Damascus and got your first taste of a true Arabian brew.
– a diatribe on how much you hate the damn stuff.
– poetry, flash fiction, recipes, role play games – anything!
Then we will compile a beautiful book, to accompany our select blend from Dick’s Bean Bar.
Interested? Drop us a line on via the contact page
In the book, expect some:
- Micro-fiction. Short prose, from several authors (including our own CM Lowry)
- History. A five minute history of coffee from an expert in the field.
- Art. Coffee related photography and art.
- Role play games! Our friends at Press-Pot Games are going to write some tiny RPGs to play whilst the caffetiere brews
- Poetry. Several caff and decaff poetry options!
- 250 word limit for poetry or recipes.
- 1000 word limit for all forms/genres of fiction, non-fictional prose & RPGs
We only accept original work. Reprints are not accepted at this time. Translated works may be accepted only with the permission of the original author. We do not accept serial or series pieces. You will have full copyright and ownership of your submission to use in other places as you see fit.
We will NOT consider stories that promote or normalize hate of any kind, including, but not limited to racism, homophobia, sexism, transphobia, or any other form of hate. We do NOT accept erotica, sorry. Not even if people in it are drinking coffee.
Electronic submissions only as doc. or docx. files
This is not a paying publication, currently. Successful contributors will receive a physical copy of the completed book along with the accompanying coffee.
Submit now via the contact page