PAPERCUTS #2 is a high-quality paperback book, featuring writing, artwork and photography from 50 contributors. All proceeds from the sale of PAPERCUTS will go to the Music Venue Trust.
In the absence of live music in 2020, we wanted to celebrate the special events, festivals and tours that we’ve shared in years past. Sarah asked contributors to tell us what live music means to them, and to share stories of tours, festivals and gigs that have stuck in their memories.
The collection runs the gamut of grotty tour vans, sweaty basement shows and festival antics, with trips as far afield as Los Angeles, Tokyo and Argentina. Every story is as relatable as it is unique: a celebration of the unusual moments that always seem to happen on the road, and the ubiquitous energy that unites us at every live show, no matter the genre or the location.
Were you at the Download Riots of 2006? Have you been strip-searched by border control? Have you broken your hand in a human pyramid? Have you ruined a dentist’s life? Perhaps not, but you’ll feel like you have after reading this.
This is a 192 page collection of short stories, memories of tours and gigs, essays on the power of live music and a reminder of why we all love it so much. PAPERCUTS also includes brilliant live photography and artwork, with contributions from 50 different fans and artists.
If you’d like to save money on postage, PAPERCUTS #2 is available as a great value bundle with PAPERCUTS #1.
Featuring contributions from:
- Mark Bartlett (Our Lives In Cinema)
- Bee Bentall
- Samantha Bevington
- Giles Bidder (Great Cynics)
- Carl Brewster (Lesser Known Character)
- Dani & Bobble (Faintest Idea)
- Jimmy Carroll (LITFO)
- Colin Clark (Colin’s Punk Rock World)
- Andy Davies (TNS Records, Knife Club)
- Rob Day (Misgivings)
- Gab De La Vega
- Chris Fishlock
- Dave Forman (Shackleford)
- Kristian Garratt
- Mof Gimmers (Wilderness Records)
- Josh Goldman (The Raging Nathans, The Dopamines)
- Nat Gyll-Murray (F. Emasculata, Swansong)
- Amelia Hall
- Makky Hall
- Tom Houseman (Follow Your Dreams)
- Nick Josten (The Bloodstrings)
- Robin Leitch (Random Hand)
- Chris Lowry (Warrington Ska Punk, Beyond Cataclysm)
- Lucias Malcolm (Call Me Malcolm)
- Jake McAllister (Sunliner)
- Katie MF
- Archie Moss (Incisions, Clayface)
- Paúl Rivera (La Armada)
- Jason Small
- Paul Smith (Be Sharp)
- Chris Snelgrove (The Last Mile)
- Matt Speer (Ear Nutrition)
- James Taylor
- Adam Vallely
- Sarah Williams (Shout Louder, Beyond Cataclysm)
- Mikey Wong
- Iain Wright (Snatch Game)
- Jaap Baard (Batwolf)
- Roberto Gasparro
- Dave Sloan
- Jim Taylor (Bruise Control)
- Mark Richards
- Josh Sumner (Fair Do’s)
- Tim Bevington (TNSrecords)
- Gary Hough
All proceeds will be donated to the Music Venue Trust, so you’re helping keep grassroots venues open with every purchase.